Friday, November 14, 2008

What the.....?!!?!

Here's the deal. I am glad that I made our family blog private--it would probably make me sleep better at night if it weren't for this dang cold---but truth be told, I don't like the fact that my now private blog doesn't allow my friends and family to be notified when I update it. If my friends and family are anything like me, they never check a blog unless they are notified of an update. I mean, who has that sort of time on their hands? Not me. But the fact that nobody will ever check in on us (except my mom, thanks mom) makes me kind of sad. Sooo, instead of wallowing in my friend-less grief, I decided to figure out a solution. And since this is the most confusing and complex solution I could come up with (plus, it was my only solution), this is how it's going to be:
1. Our private blog now has a new URL-- rmonkeytales.blogspot.com
2. Our public blog is still ourmonkeytales.blogspot.com (which is still the URL that should be on your blog list)
3. Whenever I update my private blog, I will post the updated blog title on ourmonkeytales and link it to my new post. That way, it will show up on your blog list that I have updated my blog and you can easily link over to the private blog--given you have received an invite.
4. This will also make it possible for any new friends and family to find us and simply email me to request an invite--because you never know when an unknown half-sister/third-cousin-through-a-second-marriage will find their way back to our family via blog lurking ;)

Confused? good

Brain hurt? good

Everybody happy? good

Feel free to comment and tell me of any problems my wicked-awesome-yet-totally-confusing Master Plan has caused :)

5 comments:

Caitlin and Cade said...

Ha! You just THINK nobody checks your blog! But I check it every single day!! :) Yes Lindy, You are in fact loved!!! :) And thank you for the congrats!!! We are pretty excited!!

Kim said...

oh my gosh. really? The fact that you went to this kind of effort to work around this update issue makes me feel kind of guilty that I don't check your blog more often. I mean, this post was already 5 hours old before I saw it! I will do better just for you! :)

Lindy said...

ha, ha. I'm glad you all are feeling sorry for me :) I think all my craziness shows how much I didn't want to make my blog private--I've always hated private blogs so it was causing some serious inner turmoil. But now I have a private blog AND a public blog so my innards can just chill out.

Marva said...

Wow..so much effort.How do you figure out these brilliant ideas. I want to copy it!!! Some of my high school friends I haven't talked to in years have found me...Don't ask me how..but it's been great.So I had a hard time going private as well. But it's for the best!

Jamie said...

I love the new update thing that blogger has, it makes me feel like I am being more effective with my time. (I'm being sarcastic because I still end up getting sucked into the computer at random times during the day.) But I love reading your posts, so your solution sounds like a great plan! Thanks!